C++/Python Dev/ROS (SW Drivers)
Starting Salary (annually): CAD $45.000 - 75.000
Montreal, Canada Immediate relocation · Full time
An industry-leading Canadian software provider with technology at the intersection of AI, computer vision, and computational imaging is looking for the top Latin American talent. Their award-winning products address mission-critical applications for the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Autonomous Vehicle (AV), Smart City, and video security markets.
As a C++ Developer within the robotics team, you will contribute to the integration of autonomous driving modules within a robotics framework in a variety of hardware platforms, including test vehicles. The ideal candidate is a Software Engineer with a proven ability to write production-quality code and who is comfortable collaborating with an R&D team.
Develop testing and continuous integration pipelines for the robotics codebase
Build infrastructure for regression testing, performance validation, and system maintenance.
Test and deploy developed algorithms in simulation environments as well as on production vehicles.
Build a platform to scale, analyze, and visualize simulations.
Experience with ROS to design, build, and operate robotic systems.
Experience with popular C++ testing frameworks
Excellent C++ programming skills:
- Mastery of modern C++ standards (C++11 or more recent).
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented software design patterns, and their implementation in C++.
- Comfortable using language features like STL, smart pointers, move semantics, templates, etc.
- Experience with debugging and using tools such as gdb, lldb, valgrind, etc.
- Experienced with cross-platform build systems, like CMake.
5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience working in a collaborative work environment:
- Familiarity with agile development practices such as Scrum.
- Comfortable using collaborative development tools such as GitLab and Jira.
- Ability to adhere to company coding standards.
- Willingness to participate in code review processes.
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or in similar fields)
Experienced and comfortable dealing with technical / project uncertainty.
Pragmatic approach with a make it work attitude.
Proven dedication for writing production-quality code that is robust, efficient, portable, maintainable, and bug-free.
Strong communication skills. English B2+.
Experience with safety-critical, real-time mobile autonomous robotic vehicles
GPGPU programming and CUDA framework