Senior C++/Python Dev/ROS (Driver)
Starting Salary (annually): CAD $60.000 - 100.000
Montreal, Canada Immediate relocation · Full time
An industry-leading Canadian software provider with technology at the intersection of AI, computer vision, and computational imaging is looking for the top Latin American talent. Their award-winning products address mission-critical applications for the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Autonomous Vehicle (AV), Smart City, and video security markets.
As a Senior C/C++ Driver Developer, you will contribute to the development of Deep Learning based Computer Vision systems by integrating image capture software into on a variety of platforms. The ideal candidate is a Software Engineer with a proven ability to write production-quality code and who is comfortable collaborating with the R&D team.
Integrating or porting Computer Vision and/or image processing software stack.
Develop and debug end user image pipeline applications.
Participate in the design of Computer Vision software infrastructure that:
- Supports a variety of computing platforms and AI accelerators (such as PCs, embedded devices, CPUs, GPUs and VPUs)
- Leverages the power of existing Neural Network inferencing frameworks like TensorRT, OpenVINO, TensorFlow, etc.
Provide constructive feedback and guidance to junior team members.
Experience with kernel and/or driver level code where register access (read/write) is performed.
Experienced and comfortable dealing with technical / project uncertainty.
Pragmatic approach with a make it work attitude.
Excellent C/C++ programming skills:
- Mastery of modern C++ standards (C++11 or more recent).
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented software design patterns, and their implementation in C++.
- Comfortable using language features like STL, smart pointers, move semantics, templates, etc.
- Experience with debugging and using tools such as gdb, lldb, valgrind, etc.
- Experienced with cross-platform build systems, like CMake.
3+ years of experience developing under a linux environment
- Experience working in a collaborative work environment:
- Familiarity with agile development practices such as Scrum.
- Comfortable using collaborative development tools such as GitLab and Jira.
- Ability to adhere to company coding standards.
- Willingness to participate in code review processes.
At least 5 years of industry work experience as a Software Developer.
Proven dedication for writing production-quality code that is robust, efficient, portable, maintainable, and bug-free.
Strong communication skills. English B2+.
Automotive or Embedded Platforms, such as NVIDIA Drive/Jetson AGX.
Good knowledge of Deep Learning and Computer Vision algorithms.